Open Job Positions
Senior Tax Accountant | Denmark office
Equitas Accounting Services is a small public accounting practice with offices in Perth and Denmark.
Our Denmark office has experienced steady growth over the last five years, and we are looking to expand our team there. The Denmark office assists small to medium sized businesses and individuals with general accounting and taxation needs. We work closely with our associated bookkeeping business which generally fulfils compliance needs associated with payroll, employee superannuation and bookkeeping needs.
Denmark offers a unique country lifestyle with good surfing, fishing, golf, general sporting, wineries etc. and a cooler climate than Perth.
You will be responsible for advising small to medium entities, as well as individual clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for advising clients and preparation of documents including but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of financial statements and income tax returns
- BAS Management
- General advice on tax law
- Employee super and compliance
- Asset and tax restructuring
- Capital gains
- Small business concessions
- Corporate management (i.e. ASIC)
- Cash flow management and forecasting
This role will require you to take ownership of your work and time management, work with a team and oversee and mentor others.
You will need to possess the following:
- 4 to 6 years’ experience as an accountant in a similar public practice environment
- Be a member of one or more of the associated professional bodies IPA, CTA, CA, CPA, NTAA
- A demonstrated ability to work with different accounting and bookkeeping software (MYOB, Intuit QuickBooks Online, Quicken, Cashflow Manager, Xero)
- A demonstrated excellence in the MS office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High-level of attention to detail
- Strong professional work ethics
Salary is negotiable depending on the ability to generate income within the constraints of the client demographic. We strongly encourage a work-life balance. There are opportunities to take the position further and this is seen as a potential future step, but is not viewed as essential to the job role.
Please submit your resume and supporting cover letter outlining the motivation for your application and your personal vision for yourself and the role to [email protected] by close of business on 2nd of November 2020.